Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday #22


Here we go again, Wednesday sure does seem to come by pretty fast doesn't it?


Ongoing projects:

Supernova Quilt Along with Lee at Freshly Pieced

I've got my blocks sewn into rows, I just need to sew my rows together. Next post goes up tomorrow, I'd better step on it!


Postage stamp quilt from Rachel at P.S.I Quilt's quilt along


This is the current state it sits on, on the back of my couch. The binding is now halfway done. 

It's a Hoot String Quilt


I got some more Kona White in yesterday and with the planning part of the Supernova QA behind me I can put it back on the design wall and get back to work on it.

My sneak peek project


It's almost there...


Tops basted and ready to be quilted

These moved out of the "waiting to be basted" category from last week.

The On the Road to Spring Quilt Along and one of the gift quilts


And the other gift quilt


I know what you're thinking, "Man, that's a lot of blue!" And No, I'm not quilting this one from the back. Don't worry, you'll see it come together when I'm done :)


List of things I forgot to mention last week
I have some WIPs that have been sitting so long that I've forgotten about them! I'll put them in their appropriate categories next week but they are:

A Lollipop bento box quilt


I need some backing fabric for it, I just can't decide what to use. Fat Quarter Shop has a discount code for Lollipop right now, good until Friday. I'm thinking I might need to jump on it and get what I need and finish this one up.

Strawberry Lemonade snowball quilt


Strawberry Lemonade ritzy cracker quilt


I purchased 6 Strawberry Lemonade charm packs for dirt cheap on etsy one day and finally put them to use. I got the tops done and then lost my steam. I can't decide on backing for these either because it's difficult to find yardage for this line now and the ones I can find aren't ones that I like. So they're sitting until I figure it out.

Dill Blossoms Hexagon quilt


I got to the "hating it" stage with this quilt and then stopped. I also can't decide if I want to follow the hexagons when I trim it to bind it, or if I should cut off the edges and have a straight edge. So it's on hold too.

Not started

2 blocks for Erin for the Christmas Bee (due this month)
2 blocks for Stephanie for the Christmas Bee (due this month)


You'll notice there are a few things missing from this post that were on last week's, I actually have a few finishes! I'll post about them later, promise this time.

Check out everybody else's progress!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


5 comments:

Marci Girl said...

Everything looks great! I love your supernova, the background fabric is awesome! I also like your string quilt, I want to do one of those soon!

Amy said...

love the supernova! and the strawberry lemonade is very nice. maybe a vintage sheet with a color or 2 in it that might match. just an idea.

Diane said...

Love your Super Nova! The hoot quilt is going to be great and I am lov'n your strawberry lemonaid and the postage stamp quilt!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors you did for the postage stamp quilt along. Look forward to seeing the whole quilt!

Dee said...

Okay, I can't pick one favorite, but I do love the Supernova quilt! Wow!

Post a Comment