Friday, July 1, 2011

It's Fresh Sewing Day!


I keep meaning to link up to Fresh Sewing Day at Lily's Quilts every month, but the first of each month just passes me on by without a second glance.

I'd love to say that I actually remembered this month, but the fact of the matter is I stayed up late sewing and happened to check my reader before going to bed and saw her post. 

So here it is, 3:15 am, and I'm typing this post. I'm either a glutton for punishment or this just happens to be my only quiet time, when the hubster and kids are all asleep!

So what am I showing off? Well, since this month's Fresh Sewing Day is a special Farmer's Wife Quilt Along edition, I reckon I'll show off my blocks. But, I've only made two. Yeah, I'm a little bit behind, but that's ok!

I've decided to start with blocks 1 and 2 and just follow along in order. Although #3 is a basket and has an applique handle, and well, I hate to applique. So I'm tempted to skip that one for now. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and get it out of the way. Kind of like eating the brussel sprouts first so you can enjoy the good stuff at the end of the meal?

So without further adieu, here are blocks 1 and 2.

This one is called Attic Windows




I had to be careful with those bias edges. I tend to not use pins, ever. So it tried to stretch on me.

Block 2 is called Autumn Tints




I like the fun colors I found for this one, I'm a sucker for blue.

I've decided to go completely scrappy with this quilt. I unfortunately don't have a lot of different fabrics in my scraps though since I've only been quilting for a couple of years. But since this quilt along will run the course of a year I'm sure I'll have more as I go along. 

That's it for now! I didn't have anything to show for WIP Wednesday this week, but I have been busting my hump since then and have lots of progress to show for next week. Which is good since I've committed to three quilt alongs all at once!

Fresh Sewing Day


4 comments:

Nicky said...

Your FW blocks are super - love the fabrics!

Canadian Abroad said...

Oh I love the fabrics you used in both blocks. They look really good.

Evelene S said...

Love your FW blocks so cute! Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Co has an easy applique tutorial on her blog; from the comments she seems to have made it super easy to do and they come out perfect. Here is the link: http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2011/05/easy-applique-the-starch-method-by-joanna-from-fig-tree-co/

Leanne said...

Your farmer's wife blocks are great, I really like the colours you have put together.

Post a Comment