Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Dagnabbit, it's Almost Thursday. (A question and some elves!)

Why does WIP Wednesday always fly by me so fast?! I just don't get it, folks. It's the middle of the week. It should not sneak up on a person like that. Monday, I can understand. But Wednesday? RRRR!

So, I posted last week about how I plan to tackle a new Christmas quilt, right?

Well, I got a touch of crafting ADD and pieced a bunch of paper-pieced gnomelings from the free Artisania pattern. And then I put them in a row. And then they became a purdy runner for my TV console! I hand quilted, for the first time ever, with some helpful advice from the #talknt folks! (Check out the CaraQuilts blog for info on that... fun chat every Tuesday!)




Yeah, yeah, I know it's August. I'm festively gifted, whatcha gonna do?

In other happy news... I decided to destash my Poseidon Kona Solids Bundle last week. Listed it on EBay on Friday, and then Leanne.... well, Leanne just HAD to post her version of Julie's Mod Pop pattern and make me fall in love with it again, so off eBay came Poseidon! 

Now the question.... what focal fabric do I use for my Mod Pop? I'm feeling the bigger throw/lap quilt size, and will use Poseidon for the background like Leanne. Do I stick with white? Go daring with an orange or lime green? What about a yellow? I want contrast, for sure. I have Kona Pomegranate but it seems too flat. Need some input, y'all! 





10 comments:

Al said...

Those elves can come live with me if they need a change of scenery. ;)

My first instinct was to say lime green but that's just because I love it. Not sure it would be quite right tho'. I'm partial to the orange in Julie's version. Are you going to use one fabric for it or would you do something scrappy?

Rebecca said...

Love the runner. Your mod pop will be fabulous!

sherry said...

love those little gnomes

Sara said...

Someone else mentioned ADD quilting too --hope IT IS catchy hehehe!

I was thinking the same type of runner for the top of my fireplace.....perhaps! Yours is pretty sweet!

Jenniffier said...

Cute runner!

Leanne said...

I love the runner, and I like that - festively gifted. I am so glad you are keeping that excellent bundle and making a mod pop too. I think that pink or yellow or lime or dark teal would all work well. I am a huge fan of aqua and orange, that would work great, and be like Julie's quilt. I used snow - an ivory white but you could also use a linen or blend of some kind of creamy whitish too. I am going to make a bigger one soon too. I am so glad to have inspired you.

Amy L said...

That runner is adorable. Thanks for the link to the pattern for the gnomelings. I don't normally paper-piece, but these are just too cute!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

so cute!
quilting add is a great thing to have. ;)

Lisa said...

I love the gnomes! I think I will make myself a few!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Cute cute! Thanks for linking up.

Post a Comment