Friday, August 10, 2012

Just a Little Bit of Prep Work

I've waxed on before about my computer woes and how my new one is hanging on the wall so nothing bad can happen to it. Well, the problem with it being on the wall is that it's not very conducive to a printer setup. So that problem is solved by owning a wireless printer, right? WRONG. Every time I get the thing hooked up it knocks the internet access out to every other device in the house! 

Anyway, the result of this is that any time I want to print something I have to get the printer out, plug it in and hook it up, which is a pain to say the least. 

I had it out the other night and figured I'd better make it count so I started printing


 and printing


and printing some more.


No need to adjust your screen, that pattern is printed in reverse. I decided paper piecing was easier than the method described in the pattern so I scanned each letter I need, flipped it into it's mirror image and then printed them. 

While I had that quilt on the brain, I decided to pull out some fabric to go along with it


I started with some of the leftover Prince Charming pieces that I have and then added and removed until I ended up with this. I'm kind of digging it! 

I'm making something special for my hubs with this pattern so I didn't want to get real girly with it. But it's kind of a dual gift for me too, so it was ok to get a little girly. 

I also cut some hexies and such from some cereal boxes


This will hopefully turn into a pay it forward gift for someone, or two, and probably one for me too. Let's see if I can make it work!

I'm going to link this up to Allegory's Prep Party if I'm not too late!



2 comments:

Al said...

I'm kinda starting to love Prep day.

And I see a Prism layout!!

Lynne said...

Ooo, computers and the related technologies can be such a pain sometimes! Like my iPad, it won't let me edit my comments (for spelling errors, etc) on blog posts with comments on the same page -- so this is my third attempt to write this one! (But I still love my iPad!)

Post a Comment