Sunday, August 5, 2012

Just Three

Tracey has a link up party once a month called Just Three. The purpose is to choose three goals, just three, for the month of the link up. You post about it to help hold yourself accountable for finishing those goals. Easy peasy, right?

Since I seem to have lost my sew-jo I figured this month is the perfect opportunity to join her. Maybe if I give myself goals I'll find it!

Goal #1

Finish piecing the top of the Prince Charming quilt


August Just 3

I finally, FINALLY, finished piecing all of the blocks, 41 in all. Next step is to trim them. Trimming is my least favorite part of putting a quilt top together so hopefully by writing this out I'll get it done.

Goal #2

Make myself a new bag

August Just 3

I've had the pattern picked for awhile now, a couple of months at least. I thought I had my fabrics planned out but I just wasn't feeling them for some reason. I pulled this stack the other night and I think I finally have a winner. 

Goal #3

Finish writing the pattern for this quilt

My Precious QAL completed top

This was actually supposed to be my first paid pattern but Mod Pop jumped into my head and I got so excited I couldn't wait to work on it. This one is up next and the pattern is about halfway written. I have diagrams to make and they take some time so I put it off, of course. I need to get back on it and finish this one up. 

That's it, my goals for August. Simple enough, right? 


traceyjay quilts



8 comments:

Jennifer said...

if you need a pattern tester, let me know ;)
its super cute! get writing!!

Tracey Jacobsen said...

can't wait to see your Charming quilt done... super cute bag and quilt! Thanks for linking up!

Jenniffier said...

I too am in the missing sewing mojo and it is why I joined. I really like the quilt you are making a pattern for. It is super cute!

shawn said...

LOVE the quilts and fabrics you've picked! Te colors are great :)

Rebecca said...

Ohhh I like this pattern too. You are so creative. :)

felicity said...

I looove the look of your quilt top! I'd be delighted to test the pattern for you if you don't need it done right away in August.

also I love the term "sew-jo" and may have to steal it!

Liz DandeliondD said...

Oh my! I really really love this design too. Can't wait to give this a go.

Lynne said...

I think I need just one! I don't seem to be finishing anything, just moving ever-so-slowly from project to project. I wish you all the best with your three goals.

Post a Comment