Monday, August 27, 2012

Mod Pop Take 2, Some Updates on the Pattern and a Quilt Along too!


I've been really hard at work the past two weeks working on my second Mod Pop. 

This one was commissioned as a store sample for my LQS and she wanted it ASAP. I finished it up on Saturday and delivered it to a very pleased shop owner!

This one was made with Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt

Mod Pop take 2

What I really love about this one is that the pattern isn't as noticeable, but it's still there. And the fact that it was made with a single fabric collection and still works really excites me.

I quilted it the same way I did the original version, using a darker thread so it really shows up well. And you know I couldn't leave well enough alone when it came to backing and had to do at least a little bit of piecing.

back of Mod Pop take 2


PATTERN AND SHOP UPDATE!

I have FINALLY gotten some templates in hand and have the pattern in the process of being printed. I should have it in my hands by the beginning of next week.

I have a Big Cartel shop all set up, it includes both versions of the pattern, the templates and a bundle that includes both. You don't have to join anything or give your email address away to purchase through Big Cartel, it takes you straight to Paypal to check out. The pattern will stay on Craftsy as well.

Here's the link, it will be listed on the sidebar to the right as well:



QUILT ALONG NEWS!!

Leanne, of She Can Quilt fame, is going to host a quilt along!! You can go here to read her post about it:


She has a Flickr group set up here:


She's lining up sponsors and planning on having some fun, she'd love to have you join her and I would be delighted to see all of the different versions you guys come up with!


17 comments:

Andrea said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Mali said...

Julie I love the original and this quilt is stunning! Just stunning!

Heidi Grohs said...

WOW!!! This one is beautiful too! You are right, it IS great that the pattern lends itself to being used for one collection!!! That is super awesome!!!!

I am so excited for you!!!!!

Rebecca said...

I really love this look. Congratulations on the shop!

Lynne said...

That choice of fabric makes the pattern very subtle - I love looking at different versions of the same thing!

Jennifer said...

gorgeous gorgeous - great idea for the qal too!
i'm completely in shock and awe of that hope valley - doesnt matter how I see it, love it everytime!

katie@stvital said...

I love this one!

Lee said...

Love this pattern, Julie! And the quilting on this one is GORGEOUS!

Katie B said...

Wow, Julie! This is stunning!!! Love the pattern in Hope Valley.

Ella said...

This looks spectacular! I love the quilting you chose as well! You go, woman.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Whoa!!!!!!! I MUST make that!!!! When can I buy the pattern?

CapitolaQuilter said...

Can't say no the this QAL, the Mod Pod has been on my radar and calling my name. Congrats

Sheila said...

This one looks so different - I already have the pattern and am joining Leanne's QAL.

Debbie said...

This version is just beautiful too!

Rhonda said...

Your LQS owner is so very, very happy!

Patrick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick said...

I am late in the game, but I just completed the top of my Pop Mod. Gave it to my sister for Christmas- she's going to have it quilted by a friend in her town. It's King size, so it was a big project for me. I am thrilled with the results. Check it out on my blog.
http://straightstitchingsinger.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment