Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cathedral Window Sampler QAL


I've always wanted to make cathedral windows but have always been turned off by the amount of fabric used for each one. It's a LOT. 

But when I saw the Cathedral Window Sampler QAL I couldn't resist the pull any longer. I really liked the idea of cathedral windows done in different ways.

Here's block one!

Cathedral Window Sampler QAL Block 1

I'm attempting to use my rainbow charms and rainbow layer cake from the swaps I've participated in, which means reworking of the blocks and of the final piece, and that's ok. If I get to a block where charm or layer cake squares won't work then I can always pull from my stash.

I'm hoping for some scrappy, rainbowy goodness by the time it's done!

Block 2 posted today, it looks like a lot of fun and I can't wait to get started on that one! I have birthday party prep to attend to first, Moose turned 2 on Monday and we're celebrating tonight! So back to cake making and present wrapping I go.




2 comments:

katie@stvital said...

Cute block. Thank you for posting this, I wanted to try and play along but could not remember where I saw it.

Jill Dorsey || Made with Moxie said...

I love your block. I think rainbow scrappiness is going to look great for this sampler.

Post a Comment