Monday, October 15, 2012

Pay it Forward #3 and #4, Done!


It has taken me almost all year but I've got two more pay it forward gifts finally done, sent off and received! 

PIF #3 went to Bree, my pickle partner in crime. Remember these sneak peeks I kept posting?

They turned into these hexie caddies via this tutorial.

Hexie Caddies made from tutorial at Penny's Hands

Bree received the orange and green one made from California Dreamin' by Jenean Morrison, mine is The Birds and The Bees one in the middle and the Nightshade one went to PIF recipient #4, Dede (more on her in a second.)

I have been wanting to make a caddy for myself for a long time now, I was happy to be able to make some for my friends as well. They are completely hand sewn and took quite a bit of time, but they were quite fun and VERY useful.

Hexie Caddy made from tutorial at Penny's Hands

Bree also received this little mini

PIF Gift for Bree and Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Challenge Throwdown finish

because she IS a big dill. I also doubled up on her PIF by making this my project for the Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Challenge Throwdown, so you'll be hearing more about this later when I'm ready to link it up!

Dede was recipient #4. Along with the Nightshade Caddy pictured above, she also received a little box bag, made using Aneela Hoey's tutorial.

box bag made from Aneela Hoey's tutorial

Dede has a really fun taste in fabrics and sometimes I'm a bit unsure of what she would like. Fortunately, she has a pinterest board devoted to fabric that she loves!

Inside of box bag-made using Aneela Hoey's tutorial

I'm going to write up a separate post about the box bag later. I took some pictures because I'm trying really hard to do more "in progress" pics for you guys, and also because I made a few little changes I want to tell you about.

That's four down and only two more to go, with 2 1/2 months left of the year. I think I can pull it off!




3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh I need a box bag, so perfect! I will look for your changes :)

Staci said...

That little box bag is darling! Somehow I missed it on Aneela Hoey's blog, but I'm going to go check it out.

Those caddys are so cute! And the big dill....... just darling!

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

Everything is really cute! I need to try one of those caddies and I love that Box bag! The mini is adorable, too. I am a sucker for embroidery with a sense of humor.

Post a Comment